Wednesday, September 25, 2013

1 Month Down!

Yesterday was Ryan's 1-month birthday and it has definitely been a wonderful, crazy, busy, life-changing, amazing month.  Josh and I learned: 1) how to function on three non-consecutive hours of sleep 2) bounce, sway, and sing our way to sanity and 3) what the meaning of true, unconditional love is.  We've had so many visitors, calls, texts, and support from all of our loved ones and friends and have even heard from several people we'd previously lost touch with.  This past month has been the most wonderful, awe-inspiring month of my life and I am so very happy God chose us to be Ryan's parents.  Every day I thank God for this gift--the gift of parenthood.  We feel so incredibly blessed and happy to be on this road together.  What an amazing journey it's been so far and I can't wait to watch her grow (not TOO fast!) and see who she'll become.

A few pictures from month 1:

                                                               Hello, world!  8-24-13

            Mommy holding me for the first time--she had a HUGE smile on her face!
                                  Daddy's cute grin when Mommy FINALLY handed me over. :)



                                                              It's really real--I'm all theirs!

                                             
BB and Papaw


                                                        Currently my favorite place to chill.

 I'm not crazy about baths yet, but I love when mommy wraps me in my hooded towel afterward.


                     My cousin Caroline and I are 12 days apart and we are going to be a handful!


  BB and Papaw had an awesome party for me when I came home--they said they wanted to "show me off" to their friends. :)
  I have two great-grandmothers!  This is my dad's grandmother, Nanny.

Caroline's big sis Stella loved me from the second she laid eyes on me.
My other great-grandmother and my great aunt Carrie.
Daddy made me dress up for a photo shoot--I pretended I didn't like it at first, but I really did.
Yep, I am totally into this modeling thing.
Mommy loves to hold me really close to her to make me feel safe.  

No comments:

Post a Comment